Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yes, I Have A Converter Box

I tried to watch some of the All-Star Game from Kansas City tonight on TV but fell asleep. I said I wanted to watch one inning before heading out to the comedy club. I fell asleep before the first inning ended, and woke up about an inning later. The National League was ahead 5-0 by the end of the first, and 8-0 by the time I made it to the club. I was listening to it on the radio on the way over. So it was a 'snoozer', in more ways than one. One fellow comic at the club made that joke when I spoke of it and it was a good one. I was impressed how they knew the score, while being inside the club, as it wasn't on the the TV screens in the bar. But I know I am behind the times a little, even though I have a cell phone. Since it is not a 'smart phone' where I can check the Internet on it. I tried to do this once on my phone and it was expensive so I disabled this part of it. The phone had a small screen to look at anyway. I do some text-messaging, one good thing about it is it forces me to make the message count when it has to be much smaller than an email.
    I liked saying hi to two of my fellow comics there, who were sitting next to each other when I arrived. One is having a CD release party soon and the other will be the feature act at the same club this week, explaining being the show closer tonight. This is two of the four in my 'ring of honor' pictures. The former is the one who knew about the baseball game.
 I tried to watch 'Nightline' on ABC tonight, but to no avail. I kept trying to re-scan the right channel and it just wasn't coming up. But I know having a converter box means I have more problems than others will. So watched a 'companion channel' instead, and it meant reruns of 'Friends'. This channel is one that has more problems than the others, but since I think of myself as a news junkie then I am more willing to try to figure out what will get it working again. I knew about things like Craigslist due to watching this show. So I trust that I will get better reception real soon. Some may be surprised how I haven't bought an HDTV set, but I haven't seen the need for it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment