Friday, July 6, 2012

Car In An Elevator

I have had some really odd dreams recently. One was about having my car in an elevator at work, next to a typical hauling cart for the office. How it got there, I have no idea. The next one was having 2 dogs in my home, but in reality I don't own any dogs. Then I was at a bar, and I spoke of how I 'fired a friend' and there was somebody who didn't understand why I had to do this. Finally I was at an event where somebody recognized me, and I asked for their name, it was Jeanette Gonlow Bloom. I was left wondering how and where I knew them. This is an unusual name. I usually analyze my own dreams, my best guess is these are things I had been thinking about quite a bit recently. I know I often think about my car, especially when it has been in the shop due to the check engine light but nothing found yet. The part about an ex-friend I think is due to me for some reason liking the sound of saying 'you're fired' as it is something often said in a drama part of a TV show or movie. I don't think anyone really enjoys being on either end of those words.
   I went to Auto Zone on University Avenue in St. Paul this morning, as my check engine light was on again, the third time in a week. I was told it was the O-2 sensor, for real. After I was done, I liked looking at the archival photos at the TCF bank nearby, as it is on the site of a former baseball field. I had passed by it before and had taken pictures of the marker, but knew there was more inside the bank. Though it was hard to tell if any of the inside photos were at all different from on the marker or the outside of the building.
     Then it was on to the airport, and my flight to St. Louis for the weekend. It is warm here, reached the century mark. I could tell how hot it was while walking from the airport to my hotel, and this was a fairly short distance at less than a mile. The same was true when I went over to Subway for a drink and cookies, after a break while channel surfing. So I had no problem deciding to take the airport shuttle, since it was offered at check-in. The shuttle takes guests there not just for flights but also to the light-rail system, known as Metro Link.
  I did take plenty of pictures already, like the rainbow effect when water was turned on from the fire hydrant near the baseball stadium. I got a pair of Cardinal socks at Busch Stadium, and went to my seat before getting food and drink. I did get food and drink at the Hardee's after 2 innings, it was on the same level as my seat. Actually there are two, the other is in the main concourse on the lower level. Love the Hardee's burger, and the drink was a strawberry shake. Also got up for water and a bottle of Sprite later on. A bank clock at the stadium had the temp at 87 degrees near the end of the game, still warm for nighttime. I liked seeing a group of drummers outside the stadium after the game, which the Cardinals lost to the Marlins 3-2. Three errors and leaving plenty of runners on base were the big causes. I said 'you're good, kid' to this kid who was likely no older than age 7 and part of the drumming group. He was doing a small drum on top of a milk crate. Some of the money from onlookers went directly to him, so I was not alone in feeling this way. But I left my donation in the main box for all instead of directly to one performer. I didn't mind taking the time to watch the drumline, as it also meant I had a shorter wait for the train back to the airport. The crowds can be enormous right after a game. Some panicked about getting on the 'wrong' train, as it branches off eventually. But I was quite aware of what train I was on, just wanted to take the first one available and get away from the crowds as quickly as possible. No big deal as long as one transfers at Forest Park or earlier. Then at the end of the line, which is the airport, a security guard gestured to us, or maybe just me in particular. I figured out he probably wanted to know the result of the game instead of just saying 'hi'. So I did a head gesture meaning 'no' since they lost. Earlier, I had company while online. It was somebody trying to send a fax at the copier next to me, he said it was hot in here. I said it was hot outside as well. I let him know I was at the Cardinal game, so we spoke about the Cardinals some. I like how sports can unite people, when at times few other things can. Same is true with knowing I noticed a man's southern accent when he let me pass on the stairs after the game. I asked Arkansas, I was correct, as he said he was from Fort Smith. But this is a regional team, I knew it was possible. Some might have been surprised to know I was there all the way from Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment