Monday, July 23, 2012

Pearl Jam's 'Just Breathe'

I heard the song 'Just Breathe' by Pearl Jam on my car radio on the way to the comedy club tonight. I know it as the 'Uh-Huh' song since these lyrics are said often at the end of some of the lines. It was a
good show all around. I went up to a comic after the show to let him know it was me who laughed, and caused him to respond 'and somebody who wants to kill me'. I've been the type who laughs so hard that I can start laughs from the crowd, they tell me my laugh is distinct. I said I am more than just a seat filler.
   I pay attention fairly often to music on the radio. I also heard 'Over My Head' by The Fray, the line standing out to me was '8 seconds left in overtime'. Driving home, I heard 'Old Alabama', by Brad Paisley. I had heard the latter before as there were many references to Alabama's music in it. i know enough of their songs that it was relevant to me.
   On the bus tonight after work, there was a bearded man, mostly gray hair, who showed a picture to an attractive young woman in a Delta Airlines uniform and said 'you look like my daughter'. She said 'she looks pretty'. I noticed how she in many ways was deflecting comments away from herself by saying this. Hard to say why, maybe since she was a little uncomfortable with a stranger saying it. But since she had an airline uniform on, she may have been a flight attendant, so she should be used to comments about how she's attractive. I of course don't know her at all to know for sure, even though I do concur with the man if he was implying that she's pretty. It's an adventure each day on the bus, which is what I like about it. One doesn't know from one day to the next who you might see.

No comments:

Post a Comment