Monday, July 2, 2012

Reboot The Sensors

I had the mechanic reboot the O-2 sensors on my car earlier today, after the check engine light appeared again. Auto Zone said this is what was needed. Thankfully it cost me nothing. While there,  I picked up a can of A&W cream soda they had in a little refrigerator. It reminded me of having to reset computers or copiers at work in the office, as shutting off and turning the machine back on can clear an error message.
   I got a text message from a classmate, still trying to figure out if it works to meet them while in town for the holiday this week. The friend likes the Nook in St. Paul, I've been there once. When I think of the establishment, I understand how it lives up to the name as it is small. I know it has the same ownership at the Shamrock, also in St. Paul. The Shamrock is a place where I have done comedy, but not in a while. Now I think I know somebody who is a bouncer there, a fellow writer.
  At the comedy club tonight, there was a guitar player who had his own versions of nursery rhyme songs that were meant to be pedophile jokes. Rare to see this kind of act, much like seeing a ventriloquist, but it is a nice change of pace. Best advice I was able to give him was to see that you're ready when your name is called. He seemed to be familiar with the rule about the timelight, so he must have been doing comedy for a while in other cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment