Sunday, November 4, 2012

Two More Loyalty Programs

When I got around to errand running in the evening, I got signed up for two more loyalty programs. Sort of, anyway. Since one had just needed to be activated and was technically there since 2009. This was Enterprise Rentacar. I can see my account which says I have some points from one rental at the St. Louis Airport in July, a city I make an annual visit to. The online customer service said I needed to choose a password more than likely, and it was enough.
   The other was with Godfather's Pizza. I wanted to get the card registered quickly since I had just received the card this weekend, eating there Saturday evening since it was too busy at Outback. I didn't want to forget about it. Two different ways to redeem points are for a free lunch buffet and a free large pizza apparently. I had hoped more locations were eligible but in Minnesota there was just two listed. Aside from Burnsville, where I got the card, they listed St. Cloud. But this is not in the Twin Cities metro area, so I'm not up there much.
   I went with my date to Mall of America earlier today to help another couple with looking at laptop computers. They were late, had planned on meeting them at 1pm. So when they arrived we said we wanted to eat first, and there were plenty of choices in the food court. I had Bourbon chicken and rice, and finished a taco that was offered to me. Liked seeing a McDonald's mural there with more than just Ronald on it, also Grimace- and Birdie the early bird. There were also larger than life size drinking cups and sandwiches above the storefront. I got pictures of both. It was nice finding home plate from the old baseball stadium, as well as the Harmon Killebrew home run seat. The banner is still up saying 'Thanks for the memories', as he died last year. So this time I got a picture of it on my digital camera, all I had with me last year was the camera phone.
   One of the places we looked at was the Apple store, but theirs are expensive. So we also looked at Best Buy, and I found a Pink CD I didn't have yet. It is my fifth, as I got 'Funhouse'. I had it on my list for a while to look at what I had for Eminem, I had four. One of these was a single, 'Without Me' and another was the '8-Mile' movie soundtrack, which made me a fan. The third I looked at was Lady Gaga, I had three. This includes 'Fame' and 'Fame Monster', and a 'Just Dance' single. I wanted to see what I already had for Eminem before I got more. I had the 'Used' tags on for many of them, most of them I bought at used shops. It's cheaper that way.
  Before we went to the mall we watched 'Great Pumpkin' on DVD, one of many Charlie Brown specials I have. I like the companion, 'It's Magic', as Charlie finally gets to kick the ball in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment