Sunday, November 18, 2012

Houston Aeros vs. Rockford Ice Hogs

Went to the 'X' in St. Paul tonight and saw the Houston Aeros game against the Rockford Ice Hogs, the Aeros won 3-2. They led 1-0 after 1 and 2-0 after 2. I donated a can of Spam to the food drive, along with 50 cents. I got a tree ornament, a Wild gingerbread man in a stocking, for $6. I already had an Aeros shirt from the most recent game at this venue in early 2011, along with some Wild socks and a Wild bath towel. There was mention of the game on the news tonight, shortly after the reporter gave a brief update about the NHL's labor dispute. It was relevant as the Aeros are a minor league affiliate of the Wild, and playing this game helps fill the void a little. One fan did hold up a sign about the labor dispute, saying 'We want the Wild back!' on one side and 'Hey Bettman, Hey Fehr' on the other. But it was hard to read what the rest of it said. I know these are the reps for both sides in the dispute. It was the fourth Aeros game at this venue, and I have seen 3 of them, missing the first as I didn't live in the area at the time.
   I had hoped to find another place with Hostess snack cakes but came up empty, trying Walgreen but maybe it's just as well as I had already found a decent amount at 5 different stores this weekend. The tough thing will be pacing myself while I try to eat all of it before it expires, but it helps how some things (like the cereal and cookies) have a longer shelf life than others. Those extend into next year. I know it is best to eat first what expires first, and I was paying attention to the labels to see what the expiration dates were. There are some stores that I haven't tried yet, so it's likely that I will find some more. I am familiar with those legal disclaimers like 'while supplies last' and 'selection varies by store'. 'For a limited time only' is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment