Thursday, November 22, 2012

Rupert Murdoch and 'Free Press'

I decided to like a nonpartisan page on Facebook called 'Free Press' after getting an email in my Hotmail account that suggested it. The message said Rupert Murdoch wants to own another media outlet. We were asked to voice our opinion, and let the government know we are not for it. Naturally, this name is close to some actual papers, I had heard of the Detroit Free Press before. So it was a little confusing to me at first.
   I heard from my college roommate on Facebook, not sure why i didn't see the message any earlier as it had been there for a few days. My friend informed me of plans to be in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, next month for the holiday. Will have to see if it works in my schedule to go there. Since we haven't seen each other in person since 2008, in Memphis, I would like to find my way there if at all possible.
   I did the Thanksgiving thing with my date in the afternoon. But since we went there in the late afternoon, I said we needed to eat something for lunch first. So I had an Oscar Mayer Lunchable, I like having these every so often. We did watch some of the first two football games of the day, Texans-Lions and then Redskins-Cowboys. There was some controversy over a call in the first game, on a touchdown where the runner was down according to replays but it wasn't reviewed since the Lions coach was flagged for a penalty. The game went into overtime and the Lions lost. One attendee of the dinner kept saying to try his cranberry sauce, it was fine but I said I was more familiar with drinking cranberry juice. He was unfamiliar with the Irish music group The Cranberries, from the 1990s, I had seen them in concert in Moline, IL, in 1996. He was also arguing with his brother about taking out the trash when it was full. I liked trying the pies, I had a full piece of pumpkin cream and partial slices of the chocolate and apple pies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment