Monday, November 12, 2012

Bangles Song 'Manic Monday'

I was driving home from the comedy club tonight and heard the Bangles song 'Manic Monday'. Nothing unusual there, except it was repeated and then it sounded like some type of system malfunction. It seemed to be an appropriate song for many people out there. Hadn't heard it in a while, found it on an oldies station.
   The day didn't start out well, as I was on my way to the office and about to go inside when I slipped and fell. I was asked if I was all right, I said 'just my pride' and got up and went on my way. Winter arrived this morning, making it more slippery.
   After work I went to an open house at the new Planned Parenthood facility in St. Paul. I got the invitation in the mail as I am a contributor. There were cookies and two different floors. I arrived during the final 30 minutes, likely why I heard from one official 'Take as many cookies as you want.' But I decided on having just two, along with some milk.
   I liked how there was plenty of art there on the wall, some was outdoor scenes and others were pictures of people like family photos. In one room there were kids coloring in a page that looked like the new building. Contributors were listed in the hall and near the front desk. There was even a  mention of Governor Mark Dayton receiving an award. I got a picture of it and the sign out front.
   I get to go onstage at the comedy club tonight, I was number 7 in the lineup. I like how I'm farther down now when chosen. It went fairly well but I could tell my voice was slipping a little, likely due to finishing my drink too soon. But for some it was hard to tell, as I did get many laughs. I notice how jokes about my dad go well, so I did two of those and I did try one about falling this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment