Saturday, November 17, 2012

James Bond Movie 'Skyfall'

This morning I decided to search for some more Wonder and Hostess items after hearing how the maker of these foods is going belly up. I have now been to two grocery stores, one of them was a Rainbow Foods, and decided to get three items. Besides finding a bag of Hostess Donettes, devil's food, at the Rainbow, I knew it would be good to try other stores. At an independent store I found a pack of 3 Zingers, and plenty of Wonder Bread. So I got a pack of hot dog buns in the bread section. The next thing on my list was to try a bakery outlet, I saw how there are 5 in the Twin Cities when searching online. I know of the one in Maplewood best, so I went there and got a box of Raisin Bran cereal and Oatmeal Cookies. They were selling things for half off, that's what I call a motivated seller. I got plenty of pictures as well. After the bakery outlet, I found some Suzy Q's and a Strawberry Fruit Pie at a Superamerica. I have been trying to take pictures at each location as a reminder of what the displays look like.
   One of my comedian friends on Facebook already shared an app about 'Saving the Twinkie', saying it would become an identifier of who were stoners. I have heard that joke before about getting 'the munchies' while high. I said that some company would want to buy these brand names, it has already been proven how valuable the Twinkie name is. The best reminder is the attention it has had in movies like 'Die Hard' or 'Ghostbusters'.
   I went to see the James Bond movie 'Skyfall' with my date in the afternoon, in Eagan. Liked how they had many of the familiar things from the previous Bond movies. It was nice to see an Aston Martin car again, I knew they had been using BMW's for a while.  Although I really liked Pierce Brosnan as Bond, I think Daniel Craig also does the role real well. After being in Great Britain in June, it meant more to me to see them have a scene on 'The Tube'- their commuter train system, and hearing 'mind the gap'.
  We tried again to use the gift card for Outback Steakhouse in the evening, but it was an hour long wait for a table so we said 'don't bother' again and went to Applebee's instead. Someday I know we will use the card. I am suggesting we try an afternoon on the weekend or a Sunday night.
  After dinner, we went to the comedy club and I saw a friend perform. He was an opening act, and I thought the headliner was really good as well.
   After the movie, I did go to a Cub Foods and found some Hostess mini-muffins. Also bought a plastic Wonder Bread sandwich packer, which was hanging up next to the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment