Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Game Theory

The theater guy spoke of how one of his friends said they didn't like the TV show 'Big Bang Theory' saying it was too simplified. This friend's craft is in the sciences. Then he reminded the friend of what he called 'game theory', about wanting to appeal to as many people as possible. It was the trump card. When I spoke of how a couple I had hoped to see a movie with had already seen it he said it was 'lame sauce'. I hadn't really heard either term before.
   Tonight I did something that wasn't typical, as I saw just part of the comedy show I attended. I went out to call my dad as I prefer to do so within 24 hours after getting a voicemail. When I was on the bus checking messages, I noticed he called me last night when I was at the club. He wanted to know if I was traveling to Iowa for the Thanksgiving holiday, I said no. He also told me my sister has plenty of 'livestock', didn't know what he meant. Found out she has 3 dogs and 3 cats now apparently, I didn't know it was that many now. One would think that it would be too hard to take care of so many pets.
   After the show I went to a Superamerica to get some puffcorn, I like how it's available when popcorn isn't. When I came out and was about to get into my car I noticed off in the distance how a raccoon was feasting from the dumpster. It may have been far away from me, but I couldn't take my eye off of the critter.
   I've been trying harder to keep track of my loyalty programs as I've acquired some more lately. To the best of my knowledge, I have seven. Some I use more often than others. I use Superamerica the most since I need food and fuel. All of them currently have balances except Erbert Gerbert sandwiches as I had just reached the standard for redemption: buy 10 sandwiches and get number 11 free. I don't keep all of the cards on me as it would be too hard to do. One of these is Best Buy, as I don't go there much. I have been offered a loyalty card with Walgreen, twice so far, but haven't accepted yet. I want to know that what I commonly buy there, namely soap and toilet paper, are eligible items. It's a free card, so I may eventually decide to have it. But I prefer to be educated about the benefits in advance.
  I will admit that I do shop fairly often at Walgreen, as they have plenty of small items that I like and not just soap and toilet paper. I also like doing photos there and they have a nice seasonal candy section. I may end up discovering plenty of items are eligible. When it was most recently offered to me I said I didn't get pharmaceuticals much and was unsure what else was eligible. But this is just a small part of what they do. There's even a Rebox movie kiosk at most locations I've been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment