Saturday, November 3, 2012

50 Cent Movie 'Freelancers'

Finished watching a Redbox movie, 'Freelancers', earlier today. Good cast, besides rapper 50 Cent there was Forest Whitaker and Robert De Niro. It was about corrupt cops in New York City. Plenty of rap music in it as expected. But I'm not sure if 50 Cent himself had any songs in it. The memorable one in the closing credits was just one word: decoy.
   In the afternoon I went to North St. Paul High School with my date to see a play: Hello Dolly. I did see that I read what the play was about in advance. In this day and age, it meant going online and printing the Wikipedia page. The song of the same name was played more than once. I noticed how it took a while for the curtain to go up when I first heard some music, my date said it looked like they wanted to finish the song before the play officially began.
   It was funny in many places, it was worth seeing. At the intermission we did get food and drink, I knew it was a high school play but was still surprised about how cheap it was. We got two drinks and a bag of popcorn for just two dollars.
  I liked seeing the venue again, I had seen two plays there before: 'Oklahoma' and 'Fiddler on the Roof'. I recalled seeing framed posters on the wall in the auditorium of their previous productions. This included 'Grease' and 'Byebye Birdie'. The former had catchy images on it, all were icons of the decade being covered in the play, the 1950s. This was Howdy Doody, Mickey Mouse Club, James Dean, and Marlon Brando all saying 'Grease is the word'. It does remind me how I haven't seen 'Wild One' yet, it looked like it was depicting Brando's role from that movie. A library may have it. Of those depicted there, I haven't seen 'Birdie' yet but would like to. I understand it's loosely based on Elvis Presley being drafted into the military.   

No comments:

Post a Comment