Friday, November 2, 2012

Squirrel Eating a Caramel Apple

At lunchtime today, I was out walking and saw a squirrel eat a caramel apple. Not sure how the critter found it, unless it was just left there. I had to study it for a while, seeing a stick in it and part of the caramel that was left as well. This was from a distance of course. Wonder how the squirrel felt about the sweet part on the apple.
   I did laundry tonight, and a notable event was checking it after I was done. I noticed there were some small holes in the back of a Snoopy shirt, so I am taking it out of the rotation and putting it in the back closet. I like it too much to rip it up and throw it in the trash, often what I do with a 'retired' shirt. This was a 50th anniversary shirt, so it's likely rare. All the more reason to keep it around in some form.
   I also went across the street from this laundromat to eat at the Chicago hot dog place. I did inquire about their interest in the Wolves minor-league hockey patch I have for their displays, was told they are in a holding pattern due to remodeling at their three locations. So I will be holding on to it for a little while longer.
  I still have a hard time figuring out their ketchup bottles, as those bottles there have a wide mouth. I usually end up with way more ketchup than I am going to use, as it flows so freely. Waste not, want not, is what I try to live by.
   Even though I am not contributing to their displays just yet, I did remind myself to bring a business card so I could give it to them. It looked like they had received many others, and now of course it is easier to contact me if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment