Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tru-Moo Chocolate Milk

When I was walking at lunchtime earlier today, I saw a gallon jug of Tru-Moo chocolate milk on top of a newspaper box, next to a green pepper of all things. I'm sure there was some really good story behind how both got there. I do like chocolate milk, but not in that size of container. I prefer single serving bottles. Portion control is a good game plan.
   A colleague had a 'Dex' bag, it was the first time I had seen mention of the company in a while. I liked their ads on T.V., where somebody personified a phonebook. One I really liked was a kid saying 'Dex, don't ask' when there was a bike lock (U-lock) stuck on his arm. I would expect that I'm seeing these commercials less often as I'm seeing phonebooks less often. Inside the skyway in downtown St. Paul I see how a set of four phones is down to one, along with just one phonebook hanging next to it. This is the kind where there are partitions for each phone, allowing for some privacy but not as much as a phone booth of course.
   My boss has been out of the office for a few weeks, went home ill at midday one day. A colleague in another department asked at lunchtime when my boss was coming back, I said I didn't know.
   There have been plenty of events this week at the office related to the Health Ahead program this week. This has included some cake, and today it was little bags of baby carrots. I got two bags as I wanted to finish up more of the dip I was given. I used to eat those carrots all the time in my lunch. But I haven't in a while, afraid of my lunch being stolen out of the refrigerator. So I bring soup on most days and heat it up, something I can keep at my cubicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment