Saturday, November 10, 2012

Embassy Suites- MSP Airport

Went to a conference today at Embassy Suites hotel near MSP Airport. I got a postcard there of the hotel in the gift shop. There are four smaller images on it. The first is the hotel as it looks like outside, then what a room looks like, the indoor pool, and finally the eating area in the middle. I got a picture of the hotel outside during a break, at lunchtime. I saw the pool as well but didn't go into the pool room. I liked seeing plenty of good art at the bar, such as of Met Stadium in Bloomington when the Twins were in the World Series in 1965. In addition, there was some of the last event at the Met, a Vikings game. One image showed fans stripping the scoreboard for souvenirs. I know other places in this area of town have these reminders, even though the Mall of America is on the site of Met Stadium and Ikea is on the site of Met Center where the NHL's North Stars played.  
  At one point I was paying attention to seeing a critter on the table, a ladybug if I'm not mistaken. So I got up and killed it, crushed it with my napkin. Plenty of food there, first with breakfast pastries and then bars, brownies,and cookies during and after lunch. Had to pace myself, waited until I was leaving to get the big cookie. I told myself to wait to have the second Dairy Queen Blizzard treat for another day after having all of these sweets.
   In the evening I did see my date, we stayed in and watched a DVD. I had found one at the library that looked catchy called 'The Winning Season'. According to my online searches it was a made for TV movie from 2004. I liked the premise to it, how a Honus Wagner baseball card led to a boy being sent back in time to the 1909 World Series where Wagner's Pittsburgh Pirates played the Detroit Tigers. Ty Cobb was a villain in it, no surprise there. Since it was a fantasy movie, it did remind me of the likes of 'Field of Dreams', 'Back to the Future', and 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I could tell that the baseball cards used were replicas, as the image looked way more like the actor playing Wagner, which was Matthew Modine.

No comments:

Post a Comment