Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wearing Black Shirts

At the comedy club tonight it was pointed out I was wearing a black shirt, same as one of the performers. So we had a picture taken on camera phones, but not on my phone. We had our backs turned to each other. I made a joke about the famous Siskel and Ebert pose where one has thumbs up and the other thumbs down, but it would have been harder to do in this pose. I was asked to look angry so I found a way to do that, and it meant showing a 'pirate eye'. This pose likely pleased my friend who was also in the picture, since he has called me a 'dirty land pirate' numerous times before.
   I didn't buy any more Wonder Bread or Hostess items today, but I did go through what I've got to figure out the 'schedule' of seeing these items are eaten before they expire. It shouldn't be too hard as most of the expiration dates are for next month, and just four for this month. I'm nearly finished with the bag of Donettes and the hot dog buns, then it's on to the fruit pie and the single cupcake. I may want to find a souvenir or two on E-bay, as there are some but some of the listings are expensive. My guess is the postcards will stay as a lower demand item, especially when compared to the diecast model trucks. For those who know me well they know I like postcards anyway. But I will need some time to get a good look at what is available, and this means knowing what key words to enter. I prefer 'buy it now' items over 'bid on' items, but I have done some bidding before. It varies as to what I see on the company's website, sometimes I do see more than just a 'we are closed' announcement as of course the bankruptcy court judge advised mediation, which was scheduled for today. But the late reports say the mediation failed, so the company will be going out of business. The judge said he was thinking of all of the jobs at stake, more than 18,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment