Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wireless Microphones

The theater guy likes telling stories, and I like hearing them. When I spoke of my Planned Parenthood visit he said he once ordered a shipment of condoms from them. I then had to ask what the need was, and he said it helped with preventing wireless microphones from shorting out if the mics are wrapped in them. Sounded like the performers were fine with it. He also said at first it was sent to student life, as he did theater in college at Mankato State. When he picked them up he said he went through 20 of them a night. Which sounds crazy without qualifying it like he did with me.
   When I arrived at the comedy club tonight, I found out it was no joke when a friend said his folks were there in the crowd. He even made references to them in his routine. I liked being able to meet them after the show. Since he was show closer it means he will be there all week, and I am hopeful to make it to one of the shows.
   Other notable things was deciding to cut in half three CDs or DVDs I had no use for, all of them were given to me. One had the ABC affiliate's 2009 fall lineup on it, which I got at the State Fair. The other two were from a band called Profuse that I saw at Canadian Days in Little Canada. Not sure the year, maybe it was my first year, which was 2004. I recalled how one of them didn't play at all so a replacement was sent to me. I had wanted to move some more CDs into a nice folio many of the others were in. Though there still may be more that I can part with due to lack of use, including those that were free samples sent to me in the mail. I got those from a college-level course catalog.
   I just converted some more of my survey money, dumping 500 more miles into my Delta Airlines frequent flyer account. I had to wait 30 days from the last one, and have $25. Well the 30 days had just passed today, and I just had enough after answering a short survey. So now the survey balance is down to 22 cents. Since the surveys yielded less than last month, it might be slightly more than 30 days until I dump more miles again. I know this has happened before, but I do my best to answer every survey right away or otherwise it might close real early and I get nothing. 
  Also notable today was seeing the grouch on the bus. Except she actually tried to make conversation this time instead of jsut complain to everyone. She spoke to a woman who was studying to be an LPN and had a child with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment