Friday, November 9, 2012

Marlon Brando Movie 'Wild One'

Last night I picked up a movie from the library, it was 'Wild One' starring Marlon Brando. In the early evening I watched it and I liked the story in it, about the main character falling for the local lawman's daughter. The song of the same name was not in the movie. For some reason I expected it to be, as it is played a lot in other movies like 'Crocodile Dundee 2'. Whenever they're at a biker bar it seems appropriate. Also liked seeing Lee Marvin as Brando's rival.
  I had hoped to return it to the library right away tonight, but the electronically-controlled dropbox was unavailable. It did feel a little like a wasted trip, but I needed to eat and had eaten before getting there. I went to Little Canada, a town I lived in for a year when first moving to the Twin Cities, and ate at a Taco John's. I started trying to think of if I had any old haunts there, but I'm not sure at all. I often went to the malls and libraries in nearby towns- Maplewood and Roseville. In Little Canada it is helpful to know Rice Street, as many businesses are on this street. I had eaten at the Arby's and McDonald's but it seemed like I enjoyed the A and W drivein more. And the A and W has been closed for a while. When I drove past it tonight there is no longer a 'for sale' sign up, but it is still empty aside from one car parked in the lot.
   I had the day off from work to attend a Roosevelt mentoring event at the U. of Minnesota. I had wanted to take the bus and light rail there, but decided to drive in as the first leg- the bus- was 10 minutes late.
   Upon arrival on campus, I decided to go to Mariucci Arena first to get a hockey ticket for a game later this season. I had inquired about how many accounts there were, and said I was fine with having them merged. It was largely due to being locked out of one account, being unable to remember my password, so I just created another account. I did eventually see how they merged the accounts, and it had plenty of events in the order history like the 'Great Conversations' series. One time I saw ex-VP Walter Mondale speak as part of 'Conversations'.
    It was a fairly straightforward event, hearing an admissions rep speak. Then there was lunch, earlier than I am used to as it was before 11:30am. After that there was a scavenger hunt to find various landmarks on campus. After the mentors were dismissed I did stay around to look at the bookstore to see if there were any nice souvenirs. Already had plenty of postcards of the university so I didn't get any more. But I did like a magnet I saw and three little buttons, including one button saying 'Put on your big girl panties and deal with it'.
   Before watching 'Millionaire' and Jeopardy' I did do some errand running, stopping at the post office to get a greeting card. I like how they have some with 'Charlie Brown and Snoopy' themes. I already had three, two were of Snoopy- one blue and one orange-  and the third a Linus. Also saw a Lucy, so I bought that one today. But I didn't see one for Charlie Brown. I tried going online for the listed company but it was hard to find anything in particular. There's a quote on the front, and on the back it speaks of when the character was introduced to the comic strip and some of their personality traits. After this I went to Walgreen and got a frame for the Charlie Brown and Linus postcard that arrived this week. It might have been a little too big at 5X7 but I prefer this over too small. Nothing wrong with seeing a little white space surrounding it, like another frame for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment