Monday, November 5, 2012

Who Said Checkers?

At the comedy club tonight, one comic I know was doing a joke about board games and I shouted out 'checkers' more than once. Then he asked who said checkers, saying he was thinking of more recent board games. Well I will have to admit that the universal symbol for a game room at the airport does happen to be chess and checkers pieces.
  The show closer kept going and going, unfazed by people leaving, saying he was staying onstage until all crowdmembers left. I was asked when I came out to the bar how he was, I said he overstayed his welcome.
   The three postcards from Delcampe arrived, all of my hometown but were sent from the Carolinas. It is of the former junior high school, hospital, and the 'Maytag block'- now the Midtown Building. This brings me up to 10 on what I have for the E.C. Kropp series. The Charlie Brown postcard with Linus arrived as well, apparently was sold at a comic book convention in California advertising an upcoming graphic novel taking place in Japan.
   Recently I did look up when and where the next World's Fair and Pan-Am Games would be, found out the next Pan-Am Games would be in Toronto in 3 years. So it prompted me to look up what was available on E-bay, and I did see multiple listings for postcards from a previous Pan-Am Games, especially Winnipeg 1967. So it looks like another item to be put on the 'wishlist'.
  When I arrived home tonight there were plenty of flyers left on or next to my door about the upcoming election. Nothing unusual there, except I was used to them being inside my mailbox. I prefer them being in the mailbox as otherwise my home looks less 'lived in' and more of a target for thieves. This is why I know it is best to see what's at home after work before going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment