Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Alpha Order

I had thought of how recently I had checked what I had for CDs for Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Pink. But some other music acts are also well-represented. Looks like the winner in my collection is Smashing Pumpkins, with 10 CDs including the Mellon Collie double-CD. Some of those I have are singles, but I still like having them. I really like hearing their song 'Tonight, Tonight' at the comedy club tonight before the show. Getting these more into alpha order than they were means I have a better idea of what's there. I have a zipup case, two open cases, and a box that once held copy paper. The four acts mentioned here are the ones now in the zip-up. This might also prompt me to get rid of some I haven't listened to in a while and really don't want, I've done this before. Another one well-represented as I recall is U2, and I did seem them in concert in St. Louis in 2005. Some still have the price tags on them, since I like buying used quite a bit.
   I did search some more about what is on Amazon dot-com earlier today. For Emerson Hough, I was surprised to find more items available. There are coffee mugs, framed art, and jigsaw puzzles depicting some of Emerson Hough's books. It was mostly 'Covered Wagon', 'North of 36', and 'Way To the West'. Though of the 17 items listed, 2 were from 'Story of Cowboy' as well. It made sense how the first two were done as art as 'Wagon' and '36' also were movies. But I don't have an account yet, so I expect to wait a little on ordering anything there.
   I found out a family friend did win re-election to the state legislature in Iowa, this is somebody I had sent campaign contributions to. It was a wider margin of victory than two years ago, but the same opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment