Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ike LaRue Books

This weekend I got another Ike LaRue book. I already had 'Detective LaRue' but now I have 'Dear Mrs. LaRue'. I think it is so funny that there's a children's book series with a dog personified, especially this way. 'Dear' was about the dog being sent to obedience school, 'Detective' was about the dog solving his own mystery about why he was in jail, being accused of abducting the neighbor cats. According to my online research, there are at least four books in this series by Mark Teague. There is also one about the dog running for mayor, and another about sending postcards home from traveling all over America. There are many things on my list to get, hard to say where this one ranks.
   I went with my date to an art event this afternoon, and I told myself that I could easily do what the performers were doing. Many of them just weren't that good at all at public speaking, The first wasn't speaking directly into the microphone. Another was tripping over words and pretty much stuttering despite being in college, and another said 'and, um' a lot. Comedy is public speaking, so I have plenty of experience in this area.
   Before leaving for this event we did watch a Halloween episode of 'Little House' on DVD. It was one where Laura thought she saw a woman's head being cut off, but it was just a mannequin.
   I did watch some of the Bears-Texans football game on NBC tonight, the Texans won 13-6. I still had some errand running to do, like dishes trash and recycle along with groceries. Also decided to do more of the 'picture shuffle' as I just had acquired another photo album. It meant deciding to shred 9 more pictures as they were too dark to see what was in it or redundant and irrelevant. This was true of getting multiple pictures of welcome signs from stockyard days in New Brighton in 2007. Quality over quantity is what I want to stress. I'm moving right along on it, as I have pictures moved up through August 2007. I'm in the middle of those from my vacation in Seattle that month. Still hopeful to get the 'school binder type' photo album eliminated soon and have nearly every photo I know of to be in an album somewhere. But I still have a ways to go, as the 'binder' is the 8th album.

No comments:

Post a Comment