Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Duplicate Requests

I am doing special requests at work this week. It's rare that we get duplicate requests, but I got one today. I print them before trying to find them 'in the files' and noticed right away it was for the same account, different requestors. So I decided to give the title to who requested it first, figured this was the fairest way to decide. There was a 10-minute difference on the requests. Then I had the fill-in boss arrive right before I went to lunch asking why I hadn't delivered it. I said I had noted the system saying it was a duplicate request. Odd that it brought management around, this is not typical. I later joked with a colleague how I wasn't about to give half-titles to two different people. It truly was a judgment call as to who got the title from me. But once I reiterated how it was a duplicate it looks like that was the end of it.
   At the comedy club tonight I liked hearing some favorite jokes of mine from somebody who has joked about wanting to do a 2-man routine since I had a Hawkeye jacket and he has a Gopher jacket. He did one about Tony the Tiger and winter, along with a masterful one about Minnesota and Wisconsin towns that sound like innuendo.
   When I went to do a weigh-in at work I saw somebody in that room, I am used to it being empty. They said there was a 'Turkey to Mistletoe' challenge to lose weight, first time I had heard of it. Then she said something about liking Zebra cakes from Hostess, but also something about them being like paraffin. I hadn't seen any of these kind of cakes in my recent searches.
  Recently I was thinking of a song I really liked, and jogged my memory how it was 'Impossible' by Shontelle. Liked the lyric 'all my scars are open'. While driving to the comedy club tonight, I heard 'Christmas Canon' by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. When I stopped to look around in a convenience store, I liked hearing 'Closer to Fine' by the Indigo Girls. So much good music out there in various genres.  

No comments:

Post a Comment