Monday, November 26, 2012

Ceylon Court, Lake Geneva

I ordered a postcard on E-bay earlier today, it was the Maytag home on Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. It was also known as Ceylon Court as it was a building from a World's Fair in Chicago. What prompted me to do so was seeing how the volume dropped to two listings and I wanted the cheaper one. I liked how all three orders from last week have already arrived, surprised how all of them were received today. It is not typical for them to arrive on the same day. There was the Wonder Bread postcard from the World's Fair in Chicago in 1934, the Wonder Bread magnets- 6 in all- and the 8 Hostess buttons. I am used to Monday being a high volume day for my personal mail and then very little on most other days of the week.
   I decided it was a good time to get some other postcards in the photo album since another one arrived. This included the one from the Embassy Suites Hotel in Bloomington as I had attended a conference there recently. The other was one that said 'Thank you for your service', which was from my employer. This was available around Veterans Day to send to members of the military. I kept this one as I thought my handwriting was a little too sloppy to be read so it was better to use another one to actually send out. It looked like it wasn't too popular of a thing to do. I had checked the box after placing my card in it and noticed it was just one of about five cards, and as I recall the office I work in has over a hundred employees in it.
   I made it to the comedy club tonight, and what was notable was how one of the performers said he was a native of Idaho but now lives in Great Britain. He was back to do some shows as he will be headliner at the same club for the rest of the week. Also got to speak with one of my comedian friends about a recent Facebook invite, as it was about a podcast. Haven't seen one before.
  Also notable today was what I sent back to the office after having it at home for a while. This happened to be two framed items from my work in suburban Chicago. One of them was kept as a joke, saying I was no longer employed by the company as of late 2001 all due to a computer error. I even said to them 'Somebody must think I still work here, they're still taking out taxes'. The computer error was due to my 401-k contributions as I recall. The other was an advertisement to my fellow customer service reps, if they wanted to move over to taking life and health insurance calls like I did. I used Power Point for it. I already had at my current office the teamwork award and 'key plaque' from my time working in the suburban Chicago office. I keep those just like I keep my bowling trophies. I tried to clean the bowling trophies over the weekend- which was when I found the framed items again.

No comments:

Post a Comment