Thursday, November 29, 2012

J.C. Penney Buttons

I had heard something about J.C. Penney giving away buttons as part of a contest, so I went to their location inside Maplewood Mall tonight after I was done printing things at the library. One is blue and has a white bird on it, possibly a dove. The other is red and white, looks like it's depicting a ribbon. I have entered both codes on these buttons, will find out later what I won if anything. Looks like it's a holiday shopping campaign as the website includes the word 'Christmas'.
   I picked up a Harvey Pekar book at the library, it was hard to find the graphic novel section at first. I did a search for his books and chose 'The Quitter' as the title intrigues me. I have three weeks to read it. When first flipping through it I noticed two things: a beatnik next to a microphone and some football players. This was called a 'virtuoso' graphic novel in the inside cover.
   There was a long all-employee meeting today in the afternoon, I had mostly the baby carrots and the fruit since it was between lunchtime and dinner and of course I had already eaten lunch. Then I had to rush to finish up special requests that had piled up before leaving for the day. I actually took a later bus home but it was a minimal difference, about 15 minutes. When I reached my stop I went to a convenience store to get a sandwich and potato chips, and got the same clerk from Sunday who wanted to talk about the special on bananas. I said I already had one at home. I wanted to get in and out so we didn't talk near as long as before. I think this is the first time I've heard somebody at a convenience store try so hard to sell fruit. Most of the time, people aren't thinking of eating healthy in these types of establishments, they're thinking of eating fast.
   I decided to destroy another disc so I could make room for one I valued more in a nice folio. The disc moved into it was one of me singing 'Take Me Out To The Ball Game' at the All-Star Game fanfest in St. Louis in 2009. Before I went to the library I sent another donation to a Salvation Army box. In the bag was a photo album that I had no use for as it was meant for larger postcards/photos, along with a few books that didn't do anything for me. I had meant to send the album there as part of last week's cleanup, and said I need to make it count when going to send another bag their way so I wanted to find another item to send with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment