Friday, November 23, 2012

Walgreen Loyalty Points

I've had the Walgreen loyalty card since Monday, made two purchases and no points despite some of the items being store brands like their soap and toilet paper and razors. Well I finally got some points tonight, by buying some Duracell batteries. Had to get some for my flashlight and for my video camera, so some C and some AAA. The flashlight is really special to me as I've had since I was ten, got it when I was in scouting. I got over a thousand points on these two eligible items, so it's different from other loyalty programs I'm already a part of. Same is true with how I got a discount on the batteries. I'm sure I will find some more eligible items that I can use at their store.
   I accomplished quite a bit today, a day off for me. I was with my date at a McDonald's in order to use the wi-fi there but I like their breakfast sandwiches anyway, especially the Egg McMuffin. Then I was on my way to do some cleanup around my home. I am pleased with what I got done but I can do way more. I needed to start somewhere, and that was in the bedroom by moving most things out so I could dust under the bed and then mop the wood floor. Also got around to cleaning the bathroom and two closets. I did decide to donate a few items, some were plush Christmas toys, as I wasn't using them enough and they do me no good just placed in a bag out of the way. Found one thing in a box that I said 'they're playing my song'. It was something called a 'record guard'. I said I wanted to write down what I had for media, especially the movies. Well there is a section called 'inventory and appraisal', and while they may not have had this in mind I did want to take inventory of it. As expected, I had way more DVD than VHS. I counted 119 DVD and 48 VHS if I'm not mistaken. This excludes two special categories, baseball movies and Charlie Brown specials. This adds about 25 more movies to the total. I got the movies in alpha order, so I now have a better idea of what is there.
   I was pleased to find out I guessed well on movies I bought last night at Walmart. I got 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' and 'Wayne's World' on DVD, thinking I just had them on VHS. I was correct, so I junked the VHS copies of those two as well as 'Roger and Me' since I also recently acquired a DVD copy of it.
   It wasn't too distracting to have the TV on while doing cleanup, as I focused well on what I was doing. Iowa's football game against Nebraska was on ABC, Iowa lost 13-7 despite leading for a while to end a dismal season at 4-8. Also saw some of the second game, Iowa State hosting West Virginia, and Iowa State lost as well.
   I do like days like these where I stay in and go outside only when I really need to. In my case that was in the evening to get some Little Caesar's pizza. I like pepperoni, and I am thankful I checked the box before leaving as I was given a cheese pizza at first and showed it to them. The shift manager corrected it right away. Before that I went over to the grocery store and dropped off a bag full of plastic shopping bags. Then later on I found even more in another closet! So when I went out a second time I sent them three more bags full of those plastic bags. The other things I did the second time was send the Internet bill to the post office, make the donation of plush items to a Salvation Army box, and then Walgreen. I had to make another stop, at Superamerica, as they didn't have the Minneapolis paper, must have been sold out. The Superamerica did have some Hostess items, but mostly little donuts and honey buns. There was also some Dolly Madison donuts, another brand owned by this bankrupt company, but I've avoided these as no expiration date is given.
   I did get one Hostess item, it was at a Holiday station early in the day when I went in to use the ATM. They had some orange cupcakes, a two-pack. The expiration date is farther out so it works for me. Today I had two Wonder/Hostess items for lunch: a hamburger bun and half of the strawberry fruit pie. Then I had the second half of the pie in the evening. Figured it would be easier to handle the high calories for the pie if I did half-servings, portion control you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment