Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Comics Unleashed Show

I was watching election coverage after getting back from the comedy club, projections early on were for Obama getting re-elected. Saw Romney's concession speech as well. Then eventually I fell asleep and a show called 'Comics Unleashed' was on. I watched it for a few minutes, one did a Kermit the Frog voice imitation that was dead-on. I recognized one of the comics on this show, as it was David Alan Grier, who was on 'Living Color' with Jim Carrey. Will have to ask if my comedian friends are familiar with this show. Thisd has happened before, where the show I see when I wake up becomes one that I enjoy. This happened with 'Big Bang Theory'. And with 'Twin City Live' as well, though it was a rebroadcast I saw overnight for 'Live'. It still prompted me to be in their studio audience eventually.
   I was onstage at the comedy club tonight, had hoped to see myself on video camera but found out the battery died so I don't know yet how much was filmed. I had just changed the memory card, which was full. I did recall hearing what sounded like the camera shutting off and turning back on, found out that was when the battery was dying. I did a joke about my shirt, which I had bought at Cracker Barrel, a patriotic one. I had received plenty of comments about it at work, including my department's senior leader saying he was saluting the shirt. Like some other performers, I was going out to the bar every so often to check the TV monitors to see how the election returns were going. I saw to it that I went to vote shortly after getting home from work. At first I was a little on edge as I saw plenty of people bunched up at the front door, but some were in line for same-day voter registration. So this did make the actual line much shorter. I had to wait in line for a few minutes, but not too long, after getting my ballot. I still wanted to vote at a booth where there would be some privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment