Friday, November 30, 2012

Welcome To The Black Parade

When I was driving back from the Gopher hockey game tonight I heard on the radio the song 'Welcome To The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance. The song is kind of sad but there's also a way out being offered by it. This song is memorable to me as it begins with how his dad took him to see a marching band. Hadn't heard it in a while but I like it.
   The Gophers lost to Nebraska-Omaha 3-2 after leading 2-1 after one period. They fell behind early 1-0 but tied it up right away, and it was tied 2-2 after 2. One UNO goal was on a power play, just as the penalty was about to end. Liked walking around Mariucci Arena and looking at the team pictures, especially the ones with John Mariucci and Herb Brooks in them. I was fine with seeing coach Herb Brooks wearing an athletic warm-up suit instead of a formal dressy suit, this changed during his time coaching the team in the 1970s. I got plenty of pictures, some were of the display about the Olympic games which is a Brooks shrine. Then as I was leaving I got one of the Mariucci picture in the lobby.
   I was a little worried about making it on time after working today, but it all went smoothly on making connections. I took the bus home as usual, the email volume in my personal account was low so I cleared it quickly, then I got gas for the car. Then I was really on my way, and the traffic did bottleneck a little right before the first exit for the university. So I said it was academic that I would get off here instead of later, and parked in a ramp that was closer than where I normally park to the food establishments. I had a chicken strip basket at Dairy Queen, as I had a coupon. I made it to the arena just a few minutes before the scheduled start time on the ticket, but nothing important had happened yet. I still got to see player introductions and the national anthem.
   I ended up seeing a work colleague during the first intermission, who was on the way to the ATM with her mom. I had seen them at a St. Paul Saints game before.
   In the mail today was another postcard I had ordered from E-bay, the one of the Maytag home at Lake Geneva. So it arrived quickly, which I like. Same as the one of the Automatic Washer Company of Newton at the Iowa State Fair, which arrived a little earlier.
   I got another look at what was left on the Wonder Bread and Hostess items, I've been steadily working on it by eating one on most days. It should all be eaten before the expiration dates arrive, which is in about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment