Wednesday, July 24, 2013

20- Minute Difference

   I noticed before heading to a dental appointment how there was a 20-minute difference on times. I had a small card showing it was scheduled for 20 minutes later than what was on a postcard and in the recent follow-up call. Before the end of my workday I called them and said I will make it when I can, which was close to the later time. When I stopped at Super-America for a quick dinner on the way I dealt with somebody in the parking lot sitting on a nearby curb. I didn't know what they wanted, I said 'Can't hear you, don't have the time'. I was asked to repeat it and I did, then I got in my car and left. It was the truth, in both cases. Not much notable about the appointment, all I saw was the assistant and at times she just seemed to be making conversation as I had to repeat what I was doing for the weekend and she said 'Duh'. She didn't ask about any concerts this time but I started off with mention of some upcoming comedy gigs. She also asked about what night the show 'Big Bang Theory' was on, in prime time.
   At the comedy club tonight, my 'bestie' was the show closer. He did the 'I am a 6 1/2' joke, along with 'Suicide by cop'. Near the end he brought back 'Life Coach', which I really like. An earlier comic had a joke that I was laughing uncontrollably to, it was about mistaken identity and he wasn't Neil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment