Saturday, July 6, 2013

Broadway Play Cancellation Insurance

    While doing more cleanup I found some more items to get into the photo albums and binder. One of these was a card about cancellation insurance on Broadway plays. It was an insert from when I saw 'Rent' on Broadway in 2005. There was also one about 'Calling all fame monsters'. It was from the Lady Gaga show and was about seeing photos from the concert.
   Plans today called for seeing the St. Paul Saints game this evening and then fireworks after the game. We did make it after the scheduled start time, but the game hadn't started yet as there were ceremonies honoring veterans due to the holiday. The Saints beat the Kansas City T-bones with a walk-off hit after the game was tied in the top half of the inning. Sometimes the announcer changed the name of the opponent, one of the names used was 'Porterhouses'. Don't know how many were paying attention to this besides me.
   We did some errand running before leaving for the game, this included a stop at a hobby shop. I saw a Snoopy banner near a check-out lane and decided to see what other Charlie Brown and Snoopy items they had. I found a note pad, Linus was on it but didn't look happy. The caption at the bottom said 'Happiness is a sad song', and I can relate as I thought of how I like Smashing Pumpkins music.

No comments:

Post a Comment