Tuesday, July 30, 2013

National Lampoon's Vacation Movies

    I went to the St. Paul Saints baseball game tonight. It was due to the nightly theme, a common reason for choosing a certain game to attend. The theme was honoring the 30th anniversary of the 'Vacation' movies from National Lampoon, a comedy magazine. The Saints beat Fargo-Moorhead 11-1. I sure did get my fill on these movies as I had hoped. Every so often they showed clips on the video board. It was mostly about the first one, but there was four. Of these four, I liked #1 and #3. The third was 'Christmas Vacation'. The karaoke guy did 'Viva Las Vegas', as the fourth movie was 'Vegas Vacation'. I of course think of this song as being from an Elvis Presley movie. I think I saw this fourth  movie only in theaters. It was a reminder of my time living in the Valley Junction section of West Des Moines after college. Number 2 was 'European Vacation'. It was all right but I haven't been to most of the places depicted in it so some of it was lost on me. I have been to Great Britain and that is it. They do go to Stonehenge and I have been there. I liked hearing the song 'Holiday Road' as well. It was in more than one of the movies in this series. It was helpful to read about it in advance, by printing the Wikipedia article about these movies.
   It is hard to say how many more Saints games that I will attend this season. There will likely be one or two more. Usually the last one of the season is in the final series, and they tend to wrap up the regular season around Labor Day. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment