Saturday, July 13, 2013

Diamond Products Building- St. Paul

   I went to the Saints event with my date at the Diamond Products Building in Lower-town St. Paul this afternoon. It was nice to see many of the Saints personnel there, like the live pig mascot as well as the dressed- up one, 'Mudonna'. The latter got a turn at the demolition. Mayor Chris Coleman was in one picture, I was informed by one man how it was former employees of the building. One of them was wearing a long-sleeve Gillette shirt. I did hear about it being a shampoo factory for Gillette. I saw various media outlets filming there, though some may have just been with the city's cable TV station. I got plenty of pictures there, including one that said 'Lower-town ballpark coming soon'. It depicted baseballs, gloves, bats, the stadium (2 views, one was aerial) and a player swinging a bat.        After making it to the library to print some things- along with other errands to run- we made it to a hotel in the evening. It was the Sofitel in Bloomington, where the Alliance Francaise was having their Bastille Day celebration. I did get some souvenirs like last year, found some reprints of old French postcards in the gift shop. We did dance to one song, 'La Vie En Rose', but I waited until others were on the dance floor, didn't want to be first. It was relevant since I had seen the movie of the same name in the past year and I recently got the first day cover stamp of Edith Piaf.          

No comments:

Post a Comment