Sunday, July 21, 2013

Woodson Terrace Days

   It was nice to make it to Woodson Terrace Days, a festival, on my final day in the St. Louis area. I saw a car show there that included a 1901 Oldsmobile. It was nice to make it to the pool at the Airport Hilton hotel, after finding more photos of famous people flying TWA. So many notables, it was nice to see Cary Grant was one of them. Last year I saw them on four floors. Well my wing has
this many floors, but the other two had 9 each. I got a few comments when I was looking at them and getting pictures, like one of the maids saying she was famous. There was two little boys who saw me while taking the elevator down to the pool. I said I wouldn't count on having enough time to get to the pool, as I needed to check out by midday. Well I did find the time, albeit just 10-15 minutes. The boys said 'I'm the one from the elevator' when I arrived. I also made it to the nearby Denny's for lunch. I am thankful I made it over to the office at the trailer park where I like seeing signs about the 'Smile Piper'. A resident informed me the owner's late husband was the piper and he liked to perform for the Shriners at various parades in the area. 
  Notable when I returned to the Twin Cities was finding out the nearby Little Caesar's pizza had closed. I still had pizza with my date, at an Old Chicago.    

No comments:

Post a Comment