Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ulysses Grant Impersonator

   I went to the state's museum with my date today, the Minnesota History Center, for their holiday event. It was called the Gettysburg and Vicksburg anniversary family day. One of the things that I looked forward to was the Ulysses Grant impersonator. Eventually we did find him inside when he was doing a speech. There was a nice backdrop, besides a podium some patriotic bunting and two flags, the federal and state flag, along with a red chair. I got plenty of pictures while at this event.
There was a camp outside, showing battle soldiers doing a march. I liked seeing a map of the Civil War battles. There was also a fashion show. I liked getting a picture of myself in a period outfit with a rifle. Inside there was also depictions of the postage stamps about the Civil War from this year and the previous two years. I got a picture of the one from Gettysburg. They had five, all but New Orleans. So they had Fort Sumter, first Bull Run, Antietam, and Vicksburg as well. I liked making a Union photo case, but no picture in it just yet. Will have to go to Walgreen soon and get the one in costume printed. I even used a quill pen and signed up as a volunteer for service.
   Before the event today I did go through some more boxes and found a few items I liked seeing again. This included voter registration cards from when I lived in the Valley Junction section of West Des Moines. I continued with this project in the evening, but mainly what I did was move tourist brochures out of one box and into another and shredding duplicates or those I didn't value at all. I also needed to quit a little early so I could get my online votes in for the All-Star Game. I was eligible to vote 25 times and did the maximum.

No comments:

Post a Comment