Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Taxidermy At The Cabin

   At the comedy club tonight the radio station employee did the joke about staying at a cabin in Wisconsin when doing a gig at a Catholic school fundraiser. It involved seeing taxidermy, and eventually they were too scared to stay so they drove to a truck stop and slept there. Apparently it was around the time of Grandma's Marathon in Duluth so hotels were hard to find. I know how going up north to the cabin is what many of us do here, but I haven't done this yet.       
   I did hear from the main office in New York so now they have received my form for an upcoming convention. I was sent a flight schedule and will have to figure out how to add the miles to my frequent flyer account. But it shouldn't be hard to do, as long as it makes my priority list. The convention is in Chicago, and I will be using both airports- flying into O'Hare and flying out of Midway. I haven't used Midway in a while, probably not since I lived there as I wanted to use Southwest Airlines. I lived much closer to O'Hare so it makes more sense to fly into that one as it is closer to many of my old haunts that I like to see on each visit. I expect to stay in the city and will be kept busy enough that a visit to the suburbs this time is unlikely.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment