Monday, July 15, 2013

Call Of The Wild By Jack London

   I went to Target tonight after I was at the comedy club. I needed some supplies like travel size toothpaste and toothbrush for the upcoming weekend. Before finding it I found a one-dollar paperback copy of the book 'Call of the Wild' by Jack London. It is likely a kid's version, since there are plenty of pictures, but I don't think I have read it before. I know he was a contemporary of Emerson Hough's, as he died in 1916 at age 40. Hopefully I can get some of it read this week on the bus. I understand it inspired 'Into the Wild', but I haven't seen that movie at all. I know London also wrote 'White Fang' but I haven't read it either, or seen any of the movie versions.
   I looked at various items there and also bought a pair of socks. There were plenty of novelty t-shirts but I already have enough of those.   
   I liked hearing 'extra murder' comic add to the one about food recognition. This time it had mention of pigs and how they could make a statue of him at the grocery store approving them as food. Another was how it would be a bad idea for his wife to ever be a character witness on his behalf. Apparently she is too honest at times.               

No comments:

Post a Comment