Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wall Drug

    We went to Wall Drug after seeing Fort Hays where some of 'Dances With Wolves' was filmed. As expected, I got some more souvenirs along the way. I liked the hot beef sandwich at Wall Drug. I got a wooden nickel there as well, along with some postcards. Then at the 1880 Town down the road, closer to Murdo, I got a wooden nickel and postcards but we didn't want to take the time to tour it. The plan was to get to Sioux Falls by evening to see a comedy show. We made it to the rest stop in Chamberlain, but the Lewis and Clark exhibit was again already closed for the day. Then it was on to Mitchell, where I liked finding a Godfather's Pizza Express. I got a small beef pizza. We checked into the Ramada and had just enough time to find the comedy club- where I knew one of the performers. It didn't take long for him to recognize me in the crowd. He made it a Facebook posting and within the hour 23 people liked it. I responded by saying 'What can I say? I like my comedy, even on the road. It was a good way to cap a South Dakota tour after seeing Mt. Rushmore.'
   It was nice to see this club in Sioux Falls, called Rookies. The bar and grill according to the sign has been open since 2007, but the comedy club just earlier this year. Also liked seeing the feature act, who was from the city of Chicago. He did some jokes about being stood up by a friend at a gay bar and having a half-Chinese nephew. I shared how I had lived in the northwest suburbs before moving to the Twin Cities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment