Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ramada Inn, Sioux Falls

   Today marked the end of the South Dakota tour. Before checking out of the Ramada Inn in Sioux Falls we did go swimming there. We found a big waterslide and some other pools. I liked the hot tubs since the water in some other pools was much colder. It was nice to shoot baskets at one pool, in fact it was at the end of the waterslide. There was even a pirate ship called 'Jolly Roger' but it appeared to be just for kids. As we were checking out of the hotel I got two more postcards, at their gift shop. I counted them when I got home and I ended up with other 40!
   We spent some more time in Sioux Falls, first getting a look at the minor league baseball stadium across the road. The team is known as the Canaries, and they do play the St. Paul Saints. The wait was too long for us at the Cracker Barrel, so we didn't eat there. My companion did get a book on CD before leaving Cracker Barrel. It was written by actor Michael J. Fox. Then we went to the Hy-Vee deli to eat. We were home by early evening, it helped that we were efficient on the journey and made just two stops as I recall.
   It looks like the posting about the comedy show I attended last night is still popular, as now nearly 50 people like the Facebook posting. One of them asked if I could attend his show in Madison, WI, this weekend.
   I called my dad when I got back into town, he did like hearing about the South Dakota tour. He did share some memories of my family visiting there in 1973 and 1987. I got more of the story about what I had called 'The South Dakota jinx' as he told me about the car breaking down on the first visit. This was a 1967 Chevrolet and there was a problem with the fuel pump. They had to limp into Custer and then have it worked on Monday morning.    

No comments:

Post a Comment