Friday, July 19, 2013

Central Library in St. Louis

    I arrived in St. Louis earlier today, and saw the Central Library downtown in the late afternoon in the final hour before it closed for the day. There was a nice Wizard of Oz exhibit, about the books that inspired the movies, 14 in all. The building was designed by Cass Gilbert, same architect who designed Minnesota's Capitol building. It is warm here, I made sure to get drinks when needed.       
   I went to the baseball game tonight, Cardinals beat the Padres 9-6. It was a case of winning ugly as they led 9-2 at one point. I didn't make it in time to get the giveaway, which was an Ozzie Smith bobble-head. It doesn't mean as much to me as the jersey, which is Saturday's. I was in line to get my ticket scanned when I heard they were all out.
   When I arrived at the airport I stayed a little while to look around. I got a picture of a cat statue. Then I had to wait to check into the hotel, so I went to a nearby park and did my best to plan out the weekend. I liked how I largely had the place to myself, all I saw was some workers getting things set up for the weekend's festival. One of them came over to the picnic table where I was sitting and asked what I was studying. I went to the park after eating lunch at Subway. This was my first time staying at this Quality Inn near the airport to the best of my knowledge.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment