Monday, July 1, 2013

Pentecostal Dominatrix

   There was an older comic who happened to be second in the lineup tonight. She brought a whip on stage and acted a little like a dominatrix, then spoke of growing up Pentecostal and having to rescue your brain from the church. Hadn't seen a comic like her in a while.
   I liked hearing the show closer do the 'extra murder' joke, but I liked a new one as well. It was about food recognition, somebody claiming they were hungry but roosters were crowing in the background on a public radio program. 'And his wife lays eggs you can eat' was priceless.
   Since this is the beginning of the second half of the year, there are likely some laws taking effect today. But I am not sure what these laws are. I think I have heard plenty about student loan interest rates changing, since Congress couldn't agree before their 4th of July recess. I know the rates are doubling on federal loans, but I need more information so I can compare apples to apples. I know my student loans have been paid off for a while, but I don't recall what the interest rates were. I had a Perkins Loan and that was paid to the university, it was a federal loan. The Stafford loan was a bank loan, and paid to a 'service corporation'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment