Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bar 508, Minneapolis

   I went to a Hawkeye event after work at Bar 508 in Minneapolis. It is near the Target Center. There were 4 panelists at this event, former Hawkeye athletes including Les Jepsen and Chad Greenway. There was a silent auction as well, but nothing appealed to me. I either didn't need it or it was too expensive, or both. Most of it was framed art or autographed sports souvenirs. One item was a Vikings helmet autographed by Greenway. It was nice taking the light rail to the airport. As usual, I picked up some trash and threw it out at my stop. While riding after the event I was able to clear out plenty of text messages, some were from last year! On the bus on the way into the event I was sitting next to some OMG! type girls. One of them had a 'Giraffe on fire' tattoo and 'Love' was upside down.     
    I called my dad after I got home, while I was watching 'Sherlock Holmes' and after checking email. He plans on making reservations to visit me soon.
   It wasn't too bad in the office today, but I knew well enough not to push myself too hard despite taking Friday off. I wanted to be on time for the Minneapolis event so I knew well enough to leave at the normal time and not take on too much on special projects. I did what I could finish on a 'Gap report'.      

No comments:

Post a Comment