Thursday, April 10, 2014

Achilles Had PTSD

    I went to a Vietnam event this evening, much like back in November around Veterans Day. It was at the same venue, Macalester Plymouth church in St. Paul, on the Macalester College campus. The speaker was an M.D., also a book writer. He said Achilles had PTSD, I knew of course he meant Achilles from the Trojan War in ancient times. I went because of knowing the event coordinator from a writer organization. There will be another event later this month. Although this was at the same venue as before, it was nice to have it in the church sanctuary where there is more space than the fellowship hall. Also notable was hearing the speaker swearing a few times, a little unexpected in a place of worship. I also saw a man missing a left arm, wearing a shirt saying 'War, what it is good for? absolutely nothing'. I know this is also a song.
    This of course meant I did not watch the prime time episode of Big Bang Theory tonight, but I did watch the syndicated rerun. It was the one where Leonard and Penny decide to do an activity as friends, dinner and a movie, and they end up bickering about their times as a couple. And Sheldon dealt with a blue jay. I also placed a few E-bay orders for some baseball stamps. It means adding to some of the series I already have, like one from the Middle East which honored baseball friendship between the USA and Japan. I had two of these, now I will have five. Another was baseball movies, from the African nation of Gambia.  Already had 8 and now it will be 10. And I found some from Turkmenistan, already had one and now it will be 3.     

No comments:

Post a Comment