Tuesday, April 29, 2014

One Dollar Winner

    I got a scratch lottery ticket out of a machine this weekend at the grocery store. It was a one dollar winner. So I turned it in at a convenience store in the skyway, and asked for another ticket. It was also a one dollar winner. So I turned in the second ticket earlier today, and asked for a third ticket. I turned it in at a different place than Monday. And it was also a one dollar winner! When I have the time I will take care of the third ticket, though I expect to lunch with a colleague tomorrow so it will have to wait. It was postponed from today, and I didn't bring my lunch so I ate in the skyway. My colleague asked to be forgiven and said she needed to pick up product for the coffee shop. I have to ask further about this as I understood the shop to be for sale. I plan on telling her it would be shallow of me if I couldn't forgive her. I said sometimes baseball games are rained out, no big deal. In fact, the last two Twins games have been rained out.
   It was a very competitive night at the comedy club with the contest. Three advanced as there was a tie for second. It was no surprise when I saw one of the winners, who did a joke about a drug dealer. I spoke with one contestant, the tall girl who is a nursing assistant, after the show. I had seen her at a show last week but we didn't speak then. It had been a while since we had spoke. I said I hope to see you again at the clubs real soon, a wish I have for all of my comedian friends. The show closer was a guy wearing a Boston Red Sox hat and had a long beard. He did a joke about getting a double deposit on his last check after he was fired from a job at a mortgage company.

No comments:

Post a Comment