Friday, April 11, 2014

Bag Of Onions

    When I was getting ready to leave to eat at a fish fry tonight, I saw a bag of onions near my home. Since this was odd I decided to get a picture of it. Right away for whatever reason it reminded me of a worksheet in some class in elementary school. It had a riddle. If you take off my skin, you will cry, and I will not. Onion was the answer.
    At the comedy club tonight, I got a good look at the Simpsons video game now there. I played one game on it, I got Lisa. I did say upon arrival how I like what they've done to the place. The Tetris comic said his comedy started a riot the previous night. The 'Extra murder' comic did one about his check engine light, and I liked hearing the phone booth and phone book joke as well. The bathtub comic did one about roller coaster photos. The Worthington native did one about an El Camino therapist, and somebody with a tattoo that said 'Murder'. Notable was how he definitely ran the light. The pottery barn comic brought back his wedding ceremony joke since he now has gotten engaged. The university accountant is adding to the one about her mom shopping at thrift stores, one of the items bought was a leopard print skirt. The hipster plantation owner performed as well, and after the show I was impressed with what was in his sketch book. I did say 'Those are pretty good'. Hard to remember them all, but the last one was of candle holders.
   I did order some more postage stamps, postcards, and trading cards on E-bay tonight, actually had to bid on them but was the only bidder on all 7 items. All of them were baseball related. One E-bay order arrived, it was the real photo postcard of the Maytag Bowl in my hometown. It goes well with the one of the Maytag Pool, which is in the same park.
    I really liked the fish fry I went to tonight, it was at Glockenspiel in St. Paul. I had to think of what places had it running past 7pm. I had a beer at the bar and ordered my food there as the rest of the seating area was full. I said I should make it there more often as it reminded me of my annual visits to New Ulm for Oktoberfest. What really helped was having live music, with tuba and accordion players doing polka songs. I think one of them was 'Roll Out The Barrel'. Good music is everywhere. Tonight I also liked hearing 'Diamonds' by Rihanna, as well as 'I'm on Fire' by Bruce Springsteen, on my car radio. The latter was while driving home after the show, and I made it a Facebook posting as it reminded me of a comedian friend's joke about the song. With the former it had some catchy lyrics like 'Shine bright like a diamond'. Of course hearing diamonds in the sky does make me think of a Beatles song, but this may be purely coincidental. Then there was 'The Middle' by Jimmy Eat World, on the jukebox at the bar. I stayed until the song was done. It had multiple meanings to me, as it is the only concert I have seen at First Avenue in Minneapolis nearly 3 years ago. I also shared how it was in a TV commercial advertising a radio station when I lived in suburban Chicago. It was memorable as the commercial depicts a dog shaking off water after a bath.     

No comments:

Post a Comment