Thursday, April 3, 2014

Paul Benedict

    Recently I was wondering about Paul Benedict, the actor who played Mr. Bentley on the TV show  'The Jeffersons'. It was a typical 'Where are they now?' I hadn't seen many of his roles besides Bentley. He was in a movie called 'Sibling rivalry' as I recall, and the Iowa-filmed movie 'Cold Turkey'. Found out he had died in December 2008. My dad was the type who was familiar with the bios of certain actors. He would be surprised that he played a Brit on 'The Jeffersons' and wasn't British. He was originally from New Mexico and later lived in Massachusetts, according to the Wikipedia page. One thing said about his most famous role was familiar. It was how George found him to be annoying, as he often slammed the door in his face when he told some long, boring stories-being their neighbor.
   I did watch 2 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was one that I don't think I had seen yet. It was when Raj dated a deaf girl named Emily. He was forced to end it when his parents stepped in, as he was spending a lot of money on gifts for her. The prime time episode was one where Sheldon was unable to decide on an electronics purchase, as he and Amy were still in the store when it closed for the day. Raj went on a date, and there was mention of Lucy, the girl he dated before that kept bailing on him. I really don't enjoy this character, too much like another Lucy- from the Charlie Brown and Snoopy cartoon.
   I had no problem staying in tonight due to the snowstorm, and I did watch some of the shows on CBS after 'Big Bang Theory'. This included the show Robin Williams is on about an advertising agency, musician Brad Paisley was a guest star tonight. I did my best to get caught up on paperwork, and this included getting an Amazon dot-com order placed for two 'Up in the air' movie items. This would be the soundtrack, and a movie edition of the novel by Walter Kirn that inspired the movie. I looked at various things about my loyalty programs and memberships and magazines, seeing when they are renewed through. Eventually it meant looking at the envelope where some of the loyalty cards were. I was reminded of how I added two more programs in the past year. One was for Belly, various food establishments are registered. I got it at the Nectary, a sandwich shop. It also appears to be honored at Candy-land. I have been there for their popcorn before, and to see their 3 Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. The other was Bobby and Steve's, a gas station and car service shop. I go to the one in Minneapolis near 35-W. I like how they have little Godfather's pizzas there. I did have my car worked on there as well, after attending a comedy show nearby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment