Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thunderbird Hotel In Bloomington

     I liked making a nice find on postcards at midday in the St. Paul skyway. I bought 6 postcards at a convenience store next to the Hosko gallery. One was of the Thunderbird Hotel in Bloomington, near the Mall of America. This is a place were I have performed comedy. The others were also nice to have. One was a map of the state of Minnesota. One was greetings from St. Paul, with images inside each letter. One was the outside of Target Center in Minneapolis. One had the St. Paul skyline on it, as well as the Metrodome. The final one was patriotic, with the Statue of Liberty and Liberty Bell on it. Had to wait until the employee returned, guess they were running the place by themselves. I was not alone on waiting. We did an activity near the end of the day, but not Wii dancing. A bridge walk was done instead. It was a little windy, but otherwise it was a good walk.
    While I was listening to a friend's comedy CD this evening I noticed there was a Postal Service word find I hadn't done yet. It was a free publication I picked up at the downtown St. Paul post office, from last summer. Most of the words were inspired by the upcoming 4th of July celebration. This is another item that I am moving to the office, and yes I found all of the words fairly quickly. I also got started on listening to the soundtrack to the movie 'Up In The Air', which just arrived today as an Amazon order.
   I did share at the comedy club tonight about the postcard find. The Kentucky native did a joke about seeing the movie 'Noah'. The godmother did one about Subway or Anthrax. I also liked hearing a fairly new one about candy bars and ranch. The ex-TSA agent did one about birthday celebrations, along with favorites of mine such as swearing in winter and the Minnesota/Wisconsin joke. The accountant did one about how she likes getting carded at the library, as well as one about cake pans in Kansas.        

No comments:

Post a Comment