Thursday, April 17, 2014

MTS Centre, Winnipeg

   More E-bay orders arrived. Two of them were Winnipeg postcards, of the football stadium and current hockey arena known as the MTS Centre. I made one visit to this town over a weekend to see a Van Halen concert but bought no postcards while there. Now I have four. The concert was at a different venue, Winnipeg Arena, and I don't have a postcard of it yet. I recall seeing a documentary movie called 'My Winnipeg' which showed the demolition of this arena and spoke of the new one being home to a minor-league team. But I knew full well it was built to attract a major-league team, and eventually it did. Hard to say when I will be there again. Another postcard that arrived was of St. Paul's Union Depot, a replacement for one in bad shape which had the same problem as others- bent across the middle part.
    I watched 3 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. The syndicated rerun was one where Raj thought he was dating his phone. The prime time episodes were back to back, both reruns. The first was about Leonard wearing an itchy red sweater when Sheldon wanted to prove a point. Raj saw Lucy again, and I don't like the Lucy character as she is known for bailing on Raj. Penny felt the need to confront her. The second episode was one where Raj hosted a scavenger hunt, and it led to Howard and Amy bonding over Neil Diamond music.
    It was a night of getting caught up on things. I called to activate a credit account I enrolled in after a recent car repair. I got stamps applied to a sheet, and finished sheet number seven. Many of these stamps I acquire from E-bay orders since I like to order postcards and these are on the envelopes the cards are usually sent in. Then eventually I got to the pack of 100 baseball cards I recently bought at a Walgreen. Not all of them were added to the album tonight, and 5 were destroyed since they were duplicates. This is still a low number, but higher than before. I am aware of how the more cards I get the more likely I will have some duplicates.
   Not much was notable about work today, though our planned potluck for Friday was postponed but I hadn't decided yet what to bring. Our boss's boss, subbing for much of the week since my boss is in a training class at another site, said there will be pizza served Friday instead. Riding the bus home I was next to what was probably a teenage girl who said she liked her nails, they had glitter on them. She said she liked to take 'Selfies', and saw herself as photogenic. She said one of the pictures looked like a butt, though it wasn't. I didn't see it to know what it looked like to me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment