Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rogers Hornsby FDC

    Not much arrived in the mail today, but part of it was two online orders. One was from E-bay, a Rogers Hornsby first day cover stamp. The other was from Amazon dot-com, the '60 Minutes' feature about my hometown of Newton, Iowa, from 2010. So now I feel more free to order from Amazon again.  I haven't ordered from them much yet, this was the third item. When I think of Rogers Hornsby I now think of the movie 'Newton Boys' where one gang member was being questioned by the authorities and was asked to look at mug shots. Then he named four baseball players- Rube Waddell, Tris Speaker, Rogers Hornsby, and Ty Cobb. Then the cop says 'That's Ty Cobb all right' and then punches him. Of course this movie was about bank robbers from the 1920s.
   At the comedy club tonight the show closer was the 'Mr. Pibb' comic. The opener was the 'Rut-Ro' comic. He has a joke about hearing somebody say rut-ro- instead of uh-oh. The Yemen native did one about his uncle asking for money. The bus fare comic did one about being patted on the head. Half of the act known as Valley Meadows was there, who has been told he looks like Grizzly Adams. He did jokes about he and his lady expecting their first child. I got a book order placed before I made it to the comedy club. I had to re-order it since there were problems with the first and it was canceled.       

No comments:

Post a Comment