Thursday, April 24, 2014

Last Nite, The Strokes

     I walked through the skyway this morning before going to work and heard a song beginning as I passed by Jimmy John's sandwiches. I knew the first lyric was 'Last Night', but wanted to stay for the next one as it would yield more clues when searching online. The song was 'Last Nite' by The Strokes. I think this was another one that was part of the radio ad on TV when I lived in suburban Chicago, along with 'The Middle' by Jimmy Eat World.
   I went to a comedy show and performed tonight, and saw a colleague from my job after I had performed both comedy and karaoke. For the song I chose 'Muzzle' by Smashing Pumpkins. The International Falls native was MC and spoke of my blog when introducing me. Saw plenty of comics tonight, like the ex-TSA agent, the bus fare comic, and one I will call the preschool teacher. she spoke of her karaoke song while doing her comedy set. 
   A severe weather warning happened at work as I was about to get soup heated up for lunch. There was a delay of about 10 minutes, then an all-clear, and by then I decided to go into the skyway and had an Arby's fish sandwich. I said to my boss's boss how we have now had our excitement for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment