Thursday, March 12, 2015

Amsterdam, Guster

      I finally looked at a CD I bought at a Goodwill in January, and found out it wasn't what I thought it was. The liner art said it was Incubus greatest hits, but the CD inside was 'Keep it together' by Guster. I still decided to listen to it a little, after reading the Wikipedia article about the band. The song 'Amsterdam' sounded familiar to me. But when I played some other tracks it skipped and didn't sound right, and there are multiple scratches on it. So I will be destroying it. As I recall I already had an Incubus CD, but not greatest hits, anyway. The one I already had was bought as I liked the song 'Drive'. As I recall I paid a nominal amount like a dollar so I am not out much money here. And I am aware this is more likely to happen at this kind of secondhand store, where items will get switched around. So it is definitely a case of 'Buyer beware'.
      I liked getting caught up on paperwork in other areas, and it meant getting some items like comedy souvenirs in sheet protectors. One of them was the online article I printed of opera singer's band performing at the Cabooze in Minneapolis last month. I printed the form to write notes on it.
     Another item going in the binder is a page of comedy set notes. I write these on the back of scraps of paper like ATM receipts. Whenever I get a full page, usually four of them taped onto it, then it is time to get them into plastic.
   After feeling satisfied with what I got done, I went out to the Family Dollar store to get wood glue for a drawer on my chest of drawers falling apart. While there I found a DVD I had meant to get earlier, called 'Hank Williams First Nation'. When it was all said and done I am not sure if I needed the glue, as I found a way to get it back together. So I would like to think it will hold as long as I don't yank on it too hard. But as I have found out before, sometimes the search yields more than expected. I went there first, thinking I had less time to get there before closing before Caribou coffee where I have an offer of another free coffee. I was wrong, as the Family Dollar stayed open an hour longer and I got to the Caribou a minute before closing. I decided not to go in tonight and wait until the next morning. Not much of a coffee drinker but I have it every so often, and I like the pastries there.
   I did watch 3 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. Syndicated rerun was when Sheldon asked Penny for help with acting lessons after doing a lecture at the university went poorly. First prime time episode was about Sheldon and Leonard arguing over who should get credit after an article was published in a magazine, a project they both worked on. This spilled over into a dinner they were invited to by Howard, it was food made by his late mom which was found in the freezer. Second prime time episode was one I had seen before. It was about compromising, and it was also about Raj and Howard going to a Hindu temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment