Saturday, March 28, 2015

Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel

    I was at Walgreen as I needed to pick up a few things and heard the song 'Who will save your soul', by Jewel, there. I went back to my car to get a coupon to use, but waited until the song was done. I was definitely waiting for the part about 'Addictions to feed and mouths to pay' as it is brilliant song writing. The video is inside a bathroom, I also recalled a man holding a fishbowl there. I like it as it is an honest song about the constant struggle of trying to live life, so it is good social commentary. I also point to lyrics like 'You got Social Security but that don't pay your bills' or even the observation of 'Who will save your soul, if you won't save your own'.
   I was later on at Rosedale mall in Roseville, where I saw a man wearing a Steelers jersey, number 86, Hines Ward. It did make me think of a fellow comic, who I call 'The Milwaukeean' so I did tell him about it on Facebook. I didn't get a photo as I learned a long time ago how it is good idea to get permission, and people tend to get irate with me when I don't ask for it.
   It was nice to get plenty of small things done. I started off the day with listening to some CDs, including 'Fontanelle' by Babes in Toyland, as I wanted to find the song I liked before from the first listen. It was the one about wanting out after finding out what they were like. It appears to be track 9, called 'Spun'. There are many times where it works to listen to punk music like this band, wanting to work out frustrations, the 'I don't care' attitude. The first stop outside of my home was for a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's, and I arrived about 10 minutes before they stopped serving breakfast. So I got to see them switch the menus, not the first time. I was bummed how they were out of orange juice so I had iced coffee instead. Before stopping at Walgreen I went to the bank and had change counted, then deposited in savings. It was typical, going there for this errand about every 2 months and it was $8.08, slightly more this time. There was a woman in front of me who had much more, in a Ziploc bag, something like $137. I usually don't put quarters in there, and like before the highest volume of coins was the pennies but the highest value was the dimes. I think this is because I get them often as change from the vending machines.
   After my Walgreen visit I went to the post office to mail a package and pick up what was in my PO box. A little surprised at what arrived already, now there is one item left that was just ordered this week. Even the comedy CD I ordered from Amazon was there. I listened to it when I got home. This is the second CD I have by this comic, I got the other when I first saw him perform. It is the Canadian that I opened for last June, and this was why I wanted the CD after hearing about it. This would be CD number 23 done by friends, 24 if you count a music CD as well. I knew I had to get going again and went to the library to print something from email, followed by going to JC Penney to use some gift cards. I got 2 pairs of pants and a pair of socks, it cost me just under $2 after using the gift cards. I also went to a book shop but the books I wanted were not available in store, so it means ordering them online. I wrote down 'Raid!' and WKRP, I may know why. The former is due to pest control issues, the latter due to a memory of this TV show.
    It was evening by then, and I started listening to Sub Teacher's AM radio show as I was driving home. Happy Meal and Ragu were his guests. Happy Meal spoke of his comedy CD, which I got a copy of last month shortly after it became available. Subjects discussed included diplomacy with Iran, Vladimir Putin is missing, and Ghostbuster movies. I went to the grocery store, then ate before I made it to the comedy club.
   I went to the comedy club tonight as I wanted to see School Bouncer perform, he was the feature act. Locks of Love was MC. Headliner was a visitor who said she was from New York, living in Los Angeles, and it sounded like moving to Atlanta. After the show I said I liked the jokes about the homeless woman in Los Angeles, making a reservation to eat breakfast, and 'I have a shoulder'. I laughed at most everything, and these three in particular I liked the most.    
    Locks of love did ones about self-driving cars, Omaha- welcome to the Big O, do you want a mirror?, Lorena Bobbitt, 8-day marriage, husband a truck mechanic, kiss the dog, and Oil of Olay along with ball fluffer and Brett Favre's bakery. School Bouncer had a Plotting hat on. He did ones about  doesn't know what bands are, hip-hop tat, kill you just cause, getting PETA money, puppies and kittens in coat, it's sideways, bed skirt and take my socks off, successfully single, athletic interview, he will come along in 2 months, French silk pie at 1 am, 8 bags of laundry, and check the fridge.
   The headliner also did ones about a pole dancing class, strippers can't be happy, I was cold in NYC too, and doesn't know what money is. Others were about we do it late and do it well, asking the married people if they would do it again, Enquirer has most fiber, Tyler Perry, and call her crazy she's crazy. She is not representing hip-hop, and there is nothing good after a 'but'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment