Sunday, March 8, 2015

Get On Up Movie

    This afternoon I got a Redbox rental movie, 'Get on up', the bio-pic about musician James Brown. I have liked musician bios ever since I saw 'La Bamba'. This one pulls no punches, tells his story warts and all. I liked at times where he talked to the camera, serving as his own narrator. I liked learning how he went to entertain the troops during the Vietnam War. There was no mention of his small role in the movie 'Blues Brothers', or in 'Rocky 4', but I know in the bio-pic about Ray Charles there was no mention of the former either.
   There was plenty to do today. I had a first date at a coffee shop this morning, we talked for over an hour. I called my college roommate later on as I still need an advisor at times. It was odd how he did call me back and continue it rather quickly, but at first I didn't know it was him as it was a different phone number and his voice sounded different to me as well. So it was likely a cellphone, and he may have been driving at the time as well or least in his car as he said he needed to pick up his young daughter from an event. I made my final visit to the comedy marathon in the afternoon to pay for my two silent auction items. Now it means figuring out how and when to use them. One is show tickets, the other a podcast. I also responded to all of my Facebook birthday wishes, a few more trickled in today. And I went to Dairy Queen to use my 2 for 1 Blizzard coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment